The mind, body, spirit and brain is an amazing thing. Your consciousness firing it’s way through a network of complex nerves and neurons. Linked to the body by forces that words cannot explain, behind a veil of forgetting that is life in third density.
Sometimes though the mind, can get a bit, shall we say, hectic. Life takes over, catalyst is being received at a high rate and needs to be processed, sometimes we may get wrapped up in life events sometimes. Even I sometimes forget that we are here to give a positive response to catalyst and get caught up in it. This is when we should in my opinion meditate.
Meditation is one of those things that people associate with simply ‘blanking’ the mind. But it can be so much more than that. Meditation to me comes in different levels and forms, i will go through the stages and types of meditation that can be used for self-help and even helping the wider universe.
- Relaxation – This is the stage where you just chill out. You may relax on a chair, close your eyes. Sometimes put some music on but do not actively do anything. This is the state you often seek after a day’s work. But what if it could go deeper?
- Reflection – This is where you observe thoughts going through your mind. You feel the catalyst of the day. Why couldn’t we save that mother on the operating table today? How is the homeless man who i gave change to? Why have my kids been so hard to handle today? Why is the bank hounding me for money? How, why, when, where? You process and reflect upon these thoughts, and attempt to release self-judgement from them, that you did your best in the situation. You can simply envision them melting away or dissolving into light. You may imagine these thoughts being filed away.
- Light Meditation – This is where you begin to quiet the mind, after acknowledging what you need to knowledge. You slowly begin to feel yourself letting go of attachment, whatever the day’s stresses have bought you, this is the time to let go of that, for this time is sacred.
- Moderate Meditation – Your mind is now quiet. You may chose to stay in a state of quiet in this state. For an adept, this is the state you can begin to communicate with spirit or focus on a goal. This is also the state where you could also focus on the goal of forgiving self and others for perceived wrongdoings. Sending out this intention can help. This is also the time when you may begin to pierce the veil of forgetting quite clearly, if you direct the will in this way, the will to seek.
- Deep Meditation / Trance – This is for the adept, where you have almost shut off the mind/body, or is a state where you may access states such as out of body projection or deep trance channeling or whatever else you would do, or just feel at one with the universe. A state of total stillness and silence may be achieved from this state.
Meditation is a very powerful tool, from focusing on a goal and by putting that energy out into the universe may help it come to fruition, to sending healing to a situation (helping wider consciousness in the process) or forgiveness.
Forgiveness of both self and others is crucial due to the fact that holding a grudge against self or others for a perceived wrongdoing is detrimental to one’s spiritual health. Focusing the will on forgiveness, or even asking your spiritual guides/god/deity or whoever you most have an affinity with according to your beliefs to help you forgive both self and others for anything that is concerning you can be a great help. Not holding a grudge feels so good. Forgiving the day’s catalyst. Trying to direct thoughts to a loving standpoint.
Meditation can be used to train the mind, body, and spirit to the direction/polarity you want in your life. From a light meditation contemplating thoughts or allowing the creator / your deity / loved ones who have passed on / the light or whatever else you feel into your awareness, to moderate meditation for adept spiritual work, etc it is entirely up to the person.
Forgiveness i think has been easiest for me to approach in a state of light/moderate meditation, and this article has more been focused on forgiveness.
If you wish to use the meditative state to hold a goal, also known to some as ‘asking the universe’ or sending the intention out to begin it’s growth, meditation is a great tool at focusing the will and keeping the mind and our physical brains and our mind/spirits which can only handle so much disorder, back into alignment. Reflection/Acknowledgement of thoughts is also a crucial step in my opinion, not just trying to push it away and pretend it hasn’t been a thought. If it is then something you may not have felt best to think, forgive self and others who may have contributed directly/indirectly to the offending thoughts. Then focus on replacing the offending thoughts with love.
Love is ultimately the key, to love all people and things. We all have our own way to get there, and we sometimes need a retreat that is meditation to help us reorder the mind and realign our internal compass to our chosen direction.